It’s been a busy place around here! While many churches assume a slower pace during the summer months, Amberlea’s Family Ministry team kicks into high gear!
If you pop into the church between 9 am and noon, Monday thru Thursday, be sure to make your way into the fellowship hall where you will see a room full of children from our community busy making crafts, playing games or hearing a bible story at Breakfast Club. Perhaps you’ll be fortunate enough to come by when they are singing praise songs. Be warned, you’ll likely want to join in when you see them dance! Regardless of when you come, you will see that these little ones are learning loads about the Creator of the Universe and having a great time doing it.
Isn’t that the way it should be for adults too?
Getting to know the Creator of the Universe sounds like it could be a pretty challenging task but it need not be that complicated.
Here are a few great summer activities you can do:
- Pop into the church during Breakfast Club one morning - you are sure to be encouraged by the energy of the children and leaders alike. I think we can all learn, from our children, how to praise the Creator with excitement and without inhibition.
- If you are heading to the beach or park why not take along a devotional book and your bible? Read a passage, then take a good hard look at your surroundings. God made that. Reflect on how awesome God is to have created all that for you!
- Going for a hike on a beautiful day? Why not download some praise songs/hymns on your iPod (or whatever device you have). As you hear songs of praise to God, and take in the beauty of the day, you won’t be able to resist being grateful to the Creator.
- Out bike riding? Take time to stop and enjoy the scenery. So often we get obsessed with getting to our destination that we miss the beauty along the way. Stop, take it in and remember who created it.
- Out swimming at the lake or in a pool. Listen to the water as you move through it. Relax your body and experience its buoyancy. God created that. God created you. Take a moment to thank God through a prayer.
There are a million ways to get to know the Creator of the Universe. The easiest is to experience and appreciate His creation.
As we enter the “dog days of summer”, don’t let a day go by without celebrating God’s creation. As you do, you will learn more about the One who created it!
Join us this Sunday as we gather around the table and remember all that the Creator has done for us.