“Momma always said, ‘prayer is like a box of chocolates’”.
Well that’s not actually what Forrest Gump said but that is what I thought of when I read this interesting article about prayer and chocolate. Without question, these are two very important things in my life. Read it for yourself ....
This Sunday we are going to continue our series on Prayer with part 2. Believe me, you will want to be at Amberlea this week. Sure, you can listen to the sermon online but you have to be here to fully experience what God has in store.
Until then I encourage you, as we prepare for Sunday, to take some time each day to reflect and pray:
- Thank God for all he has done in your life. Be specific about the things you are thankful for.
- Have an honest conversation with God. Start by telling God your true feelings about Him. Ask for a deeper relationship with Him.
- Pray for some specific needs in your own life. Pray for both large and small requests. Nothing is too big or too small for God.
- Pray for others. Pray specifically for the needs of your family and friends, for your workplace, your community, and for Amberlea Church.
- Listen to God. You have presented your requests to God the past four days. Now simply pray and quietly listen for God’s gentle whisper.